[LibX] DOIs now clickable in new ProQuest platform

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 04:56:18 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Stephen Francoeur <
Stephen.Francoeur at baruch.cuny.edu> wrote:

>  Just noticed in the details from ProQuest about July 2012 updates to the
> ProQuest platform that DOIs are now clickable:****
> ** **
> http://bquot.com/d90****
> ** **
> Wonder how, if at all, this may affect LibX functionality vis a vis DOIs.*
> ***
> **

We respect links provided on a page (that is, LibX's autolinking
functionality will skip anything already linked; as a matter of fact, we
even skip content in silent links (enclosed in <a></a> that don't have an
href and appear like normal text.)

A Libapp would be able to provide additional functionality on such pages,
if desired and if it added value (if the publisher already links via
OpenURL, LibX might not add value.)