[LibX] have you upgraded to libx 2.

Lin, Victoria victoria_lin at harvard.edu
Tue Jul 3 11:38:18 PDT 2012

Hi I wonder how many of you have upgraded to libx 2 ? What kind of feedbacks you heard from your users? Did you run into any problems during the upgrade?

I once clicked on the Update button to upgrade a non-public Harvard test edition, but a strange thing happened, instead of Harvard or the generic libx edition, I got the CUNY edition activated for me. The libX developers could not replicate the problem, and I could not replicate it either. I have been holding back the upgrade while giving our users the links to upgrade to libX 2 themselves.

We may have hundreds of public work stations across our 70+ libraries, on these computers the library users don't have admin privileges, I wonder if this libx 1.5 to libX2 upgrade will run smoothly as other minor 1.5 upgrades, when the upgrade gets to the end user's computer, does the user need admin privileges to go forward?

Thanks,

Victoria Lin
Harvard University Information Technology
Library Technology Services
90 Mt. Auburn St
Cambridge, MA 02138
Tel: 617-495-3724