[LibX] libX does not work with Firefox 8 beta

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 19:38:52 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Chang, Sheau-Hwang <schang at bridgew.edu>wrote:

> How about for Windows 7?

LibX for Firefox and Chrome work in Windows 7, only LibX for IE may not.

Only about 1/3 of users still use IE, with a declining trend. For now, those
users will have to use Firefox or Chrome to use LibX.

We don't feel it worthwhile, and also don't have the resources, to try to
make the IE-plugin based version of LibX working. I note that Microsoft
themselves have announced that they're striving for what they call a
"plugin-free" experience in the next version of Windows, meaning no more
ActiveX. Presumably, Microsoft will at that point offer an extension
interface like Chrome or Firefox, which means that a maintainable LibX port
is again within reach.