[LibX] Firefox 4 and LibX

Brian Nicholson brn at vt.edu
Wed Jan 5 12:35:49 PST 2011

We haven't looked into IE recently, mainly because creating extensions is
far more complex than in other browsers.  LibX is built almost entirely from
HTML and JavaScript, so it is unlikely that we would be able to easily port
this to IE without a lot of extra work.  If extensions in IE ever become as
simple as they are in Firefox or Google Chrome, we would certainly
prioritize IE development because of the large user base.  It's still
possible that an IE version will be released, but unfortunately, it won't be
soon.

With that said, we will have a LibX 2.0 bookmarklet that can be used in most
browsers, and it will not require the installation of an extension.  It will
give very basic LibX 2.0 support for catalog searching, library links,
etc.--for the most part, everything that is directly accessible from the
toolbar.

Brian