[LibX] LibX 2.0 update? [was Firefox 4 and LibX]

Brian Nicholson brn at vt.edu
Mon Feb 28 13:38:32 PST 2011

I apologize for the delay.  We were accepted to ER&L, an electronics
resources conference (where we just presented today).  As a result, we have
been putting a lot of recent effort into getting LibX to work with the new
LibX Libapp Builder so that we could could have a demo prepared.

I've created the latest builds we have for LibX Chrome and Firefox,
available here:
Firefox: http://libx.org/releases/ff/libx2-latest.xpi
Chrome: http://libx.org/releases/gc/libx2-latest.crx

These build should be very close, if not identical, to the official release
(at least from the UI/functionality perspective).  I encourage everyone to
try these builds out to see the latest changes.  Some additions since the
last release:

- Searches are now saved after closing the popup, allowing for previous
search modifications
- Proxies should work for all editions
- Context menus have been reintegrated
- Libapps are now reintegrated (autolinking, cues, etc.)
- Preferences have been reintegrated (context menu options, new tab options,
etc.)

All of these "reintegrated" features have been changed to be
browser-independent; in other words, they are all functional in both Google
Chrome and Firefox.

Again, I apologize for the delay between these releases.  I will make it a
priority to release the latest builds at a much greater frequency.  And as
always, please let us know of any bugs you encounter or additional questions
you have.

Brian