[LibX] Libx and VTLS Virtua....

Paul Butler (pbutler3) pbutler3 at umw.edu
Thu Oct 21 08:39:04 PDT 2010

Howdy all!

I am trying to configure Libx to work with VTLS Virtua.  Has anyone else attempted this and had any luck using the Bookmarklets?  I am to the point where I think I might need to go with a Custom Catalog.

A cleaned up URL for the catalog is here: http://199.111.91.10/cgi-bin/gw/chameleon?&search=SCAN&function=SEARCHSCR

To actually pass parameters you need to change the function (the various functions have zero documentation) to INITREQ - so to search for "war" as a Subject you need to use the following URL: http://199.111.91.10/cgi-bin/gw/chameleon?&function=INITREQ&search=SCAN&&t1=war&u1=21

"t1" passes the search parameter.  u1 is the search type with the following options:
  <option value="1003" >Author</option>
  <option value="4" >Title</option>
  <option value="21" >Subject</option>
  <option value="2009" >Publisher</option>
  <option value="20" >Call Number</option>
  <option value="2019" >Journal Title</option>

Using the web developer add-on suggested here ( http://www.mozdev.org/pipermail/libx/2007-October/000203.html ) and following the directions I can perform a successful search, but the resulting URL doesn't seem to be usable as a template.

Any suggestion or advice would be much appreciated.  Also, VTLS has updated Virtua to Chamo - has anyone had success integrating Libx with it?

Cheers, Paul
Paul R Butler
Assistant Systems Librarian
Simpson Library