[LibX] Firefox libX and Gmail problem

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Wed May 26 15:41:23 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM, Ben Woodcroft <woodibe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Godmar,
>
> I was experiencing this problem also, and was happy to see other people do
> all the work to get it fixed - thanks muchly. However, instead of upgrading,
> I thought I'd just wait 24 hours. Now it doesn't seem to be fixed, even
> though it has been >30 hours since Godmar's email.
>
> Maybe I'm just being impatient, but I thought I'd contribute my experience
> in case it is useful to others as well. Why were we waiting 24 hours? I
> didn't quite understand.

When LibX is running in the browser, it checks at least once every 24 hours
whether there are updates to the code that implements the cues. If so, it
will download them. It may not do that if your computer is off, FF is not
running, or you're not connected.

The bug was a problem I had introduced when updating the Google cue when
Google enabled faceted browsing.

You can see which version of the cues you're running in Tools -> LibX -> Cue
Options. See this snapshot at http://libx.org/images/libxcues1.png

It should show Tues May 25.