[LibX] help with VuFind bookmarklet?

Anna Hulseberg ahulsebe at gustavus.edu
Wed Jun 30 09:29:04 PDT 2010

Greetings. I am attempting to make our VuFind catalog searchable via
LibX. I was able to successfully generate a bookmarklet URL for keyword
searching:
http://plus.mnpals.net/vufind/Search/Home?type=&library=GAC&lookfor=%Y&sort=&submit=Find.

I'd also like to add search options for subject, title, author, and
ISBN/ISSN. I went to Required Settings -> Search Options -> Change, and
I selected those search options, but then I received a warning message:
Warning: Bookmarklet URL Template must contain: %d %t %a %i

I've read the Edition Builder FAQ and looked at the list archives for an
example of how to format the template URL so that it will perform a
keyword, subject, title, author, or ISBN/ISSN search, depending upon
which field the user selects, but after many attempts, I have been
unable to formate the URL correctly. If anyone would be willing to point
me in the right direction, and/or share a bookmarklet URL template the
approximates what I'm trying to do, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or examples you can provide!
Anna

--
Anna Hulseberg