[LibX] LibX Prototype

Hedreen, Rebecca hedreenr1 at southernct.edu
Thu Jul 22 06:44:22 PDT 2010

I wanted to chime in that I really like the overall look and action of the plug in. There are things that I might do differently in our setup when this becomes the norm, but it's nice. I do appreciate the gain in screen real estate, especially on smaller computers like netbooks. (I normally hide my toolbars on my netbook-the screen is just not big enough to have toolbars I'm not using right that moment.)

I do hope that the autolinking and especially the Google Scholar linking works out-we have been promoting the toolbar as a Google Scholar tool, mostly for the linking features. The drag and drop is nice, but it's the linking that has people excited (maybe because it's a passive tool, rather than an active one?)

The one right click feature of the current toolbar that I really wouldn't want to lose is the proxy reload feature, even if it ended up as a separate or paired extension.

Thanks so much for all your hard work, Brian and the LibX team!

--Rebecca

--
Rebecca Hedreen
Sciences and Distance Learning Librarian
hedreenr1 at southernct.edu
http://frequanq.blogspot.com/
"To ask why we need libraries at all, when there is so much information available elsewhere, is about as sensible as asking if roadmaps are necessary now that there are so very many roads." - Jon Bing, Professor of Information Technology Law, University of Oslo, Norway