[LibX] More UI Feedback: LibX Prototype

Scott Gordon sr.gordon at qut.edu.au
Wed Jul 21 17:30:20 PDT 2010

 Hi again... (maybe I should collect my feedback together before
e-mailing, rather than fire of random thought bubbles - NAH!)

Would also be good if the search strings were persistent between
searches (saves retyping every time).

Regards

Scott

On 22/07/2010 9:54 AM, Scott Gordon wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
> First off - well done Godmar et al on kicking LibX along.
>
> I have just installed the prototype & have an observation (first thing
> that came to me when trying it out). DRAG & DROP: I realise there are
> different ways of building a simple query e.g. context menu (yet to be
> implemented in the new edition). For more complex queries that use more
> than one input you can add search items & type the query in. However the
> previous "toolbar" version used to allow drag & drop for building this
> up (rather than typing - e.g. draging from a page which contains the
> different items you want to seach on). The current state of the
> prototype doesn't seem to let this "drag & drop" interaction happen.
> Maybe it's only me who used LibX this way - BUT would be nice if this
> way of building complex queries was still available in the 2.0
> incarnation. Would require the new input interface staying available/on
> top when interacting with the current web page (doable?). Hope you guys
> get what I mean?
>
> Happy prototyping...
>
> Scott

Scott Gordon | Doctoral Student | Australian Centre for Entrepreneurship
Research | Faculty of Business | Queensland University of Technology |
GPO Box 2434 BRISBANE Qld 4001 Australia | Room: GP Z736 | Ph: +61 7
3138 2499 | Fax: +61 7 3138 5250 | Email: sr.gordon at qut.edu.au
<mailto:sr.gordon at qut.edu.au> | www.qut.edu.au
<http://www.bus.qut.edu.au/research/acbr/eirp/> | CRICOS No. 00213J