[LibX] globally installing libX for FireFox on Windows 7

Bohyun Kim bohyun.kim.ois at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 12:52:59 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am trying to install the libX firefox add-on on Windows 7 globally
on our library public machines so that no matter what user is logged
in, the LibX extension is already available in Firefox. Previously on
Windows XP, I have accomplished this by installing LibX on my account
and then copy the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\(user account name)\Application Data\Mozilla

to the Default User and the All Usres folders under C:\Documents and Settings.

I tried this on Windows 7 but it didn't work. I uninstalled LibX and
tried global installation according to the instruction here:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_extensions#Global_installation

I ran the command line, copied the libx xpi file to Program
Files\Extension directory and restarted Firefox. It asks me to confirm
to install the LibX add-on. But after that the libX toolbar doesn't
appear to have been installed.

Thanks,
Bohyun

--