[LibX] speed of Libx for IE 8

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 07:39:13 PST 2010

This delay occurs only for the first IE window that is opened. It is
caused by the loading and initialization of the .Net runtime
libraries. The reason is, basically, that LibX/IE is written in the C#
language rather than C++. I'm sure Microsoft will optimize this in the
future, but short or rewriting the toolbar in C++, which we don't have
the resources to do, there's nothing we can do.

I note that Firefox is now > 25% market share.

 - Godmar