[LibX] ISBN search for Summon as library catalog problem

Pennington, Buddy D. penningtonb at umkc.edu
Fri Feb 26 09:36:51 PST 2010

Hi,

We recently implemented Serials Solutions Summon and I am adding it in
as our primary catalog (our URL is
http://umkc.summon.serialssolutions.com/). The searchbox works great but
it says that Summon cannot resolve ISBNs.  I can enter an ISBN into the
searchbox and Summon will work just fine, but if I click on a linked
ISBN from a webpage, it does not search Summon correctly. Is there
something I can change so that the ISBNs will be correctly searched in
Summon when someone clicks on a linked ISBN?

Buddy Pennington

Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian

University of Missouri - Kansas City

800 East 51st Street

Kansas City, MO  64110

Phone: 816-235-1548

Fax: 816-333-5584

Email: penningtonb at umkc.edu <mailto:penningtonb at umkc.edu>

UMKC University Libraries: Discovery. Knowledge. Empowerment.