[LibX] How far is it possible to customize LibX for IE?

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 09:32:41 PDT 2009

For IE, you need to recompile LibX IE. The UI is implemented in .Net/C#.

This is resurrecting an old discussion. LibX will require structural changes
to allow customizable toolbars. Since there are customizable toolbars out
there, this is not something the LibX team has focused on. That is not to
say we oppose it, just don't have the resources to do at the moment. Our
focus is on the LibX 2.0 platform and the functionality it enables (see
developers.libx.org)

Making the toolbar configurable will require development effort; we're happy
to work with anybody wanting to give it a try. This is something that
requires developer-level skills, not something that can be done at the
adapter-level.  I'm not sure how you prototyped the customized toolbar, but
it will be difficult to maintain for you unless you duplicate the hosting
environment we have on libx (which, of course, nothing is preventing you
from doing - LibX is 100% open source) - but it's not an approach that will
scale to all libraries who can't do that for resource reasons.

 - Godmar