[LibX] Way to disable log file with LibX IE?

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Thu May 7 06:30:57 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 3:17 AM, Matt Stephenson <
mstephenson at library.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

>  Hello folks,
>

> We’re about to add LibX for IE to our student and staff machine images,
> running Vista, IE version 7.
>

> We’re having a problem where the LibX log file in IE is getting really big
> and causing staff profiles to exceed their limit.

In regular use, the log file should grow only minimally since only unusual
events are being logged, in addition to small startup output messages.

> Is there a way to disable or remove the log feature of LibX for IE? Or
> another way around this problem?

It will require a rebuild of the LibX IE, something which is overdue anyway.
We don't currently have a student tasked with maintaining the IE version, so
I'll probably do that as soon as the end of semester stress is over.

In the interim, a work-around is simply to delete the log file from time to
time. Perhaps this can be done by using a scheduled task in Windows.