[LibX] isbn 13 - on page, , vs isbn 10, in link.

Enrico Silterra es287 at cornell.edu
Thu Feb 5 09:34:20 PST 2009

Fire fox 3.0.5 -- Windows XP.
libX -- cornell edition 1.5.7

on this page: (for instance)
http://www.fink.de/katalog/titel/978-3-7705-4781-4.html
the 13 digit ISBN generates a 10 digit isbn link into our voyager catalog.

this page shows that the 10 digit isbn for this item is indeed one being used:
http://www.amazon.de/Ank%C3%BCnfte-Epochenschwelle-1900-Aage-Hansen-L%C3%B6ve/dp/3770547810/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1233855066&sr=8-1

(and on that version of amazon only the 10 digit isbn is auto-linked.?!)

I wonder if it is always true that searching on 10 digit isbn is alway
equivalent to
searching on the 13 digit isbn?

Rick

--
Enrico Silterra Software Engineer
501 Olin Library Cornell University Ithaca NY 14853
Voice: 607-255-6851 Fax:     607-255-6110 E-mail: es287 at cornell.edu
http://www.library.cornell.edu/dlit
"caelum ipsum petimus stultitia", Horace, Odes, I, 3.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance
upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
the sender and destroy any copies of this document.