[LibX] search failure using libx

Mark Mounts mark.mounts at dartmouth.edu
Wed Aug 19 12:44:54 PDT 2009

a little more exploring revealed that the combination of the dot and the SORT=R
parameter is the cause of the failure.

if you either change the parameter to SORT=D

http://libcat.dartmouth.edu/search/X?worldcat.org&startLimit=&SORT=D&endLimit=

the search works, or if you remove the dot with a space leaving the SORT=R, the
search works

http://libcat.dartmouth.edu/search/X?worldcat%20org&startLimit=&SORT=R&endLimit=

the same holds for the form 2 syntax.

we are running Release 2007 1.3 and I just noticed a change in the syntax:

SORT=D is now the relevancy sort (RightResult)
SORT=DX is now the date sort

I do not know when this changed occurred... so our version of III is no longer
using SORT=R ... it still works but gives not very good results!

Mark