[LibX] search failure using libx

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 20:13:44 PDT 2009

Setting "Search Form" to 2 in the Optional Settings for this III catalog
will produce this syntax (the one with SEARCH=...). (See
http://libx.org/libx/src/base/chrome/libx/content/libx/catalogs/milleniumopac.js)

To tell you the truth, since we reverse-engineered all of this, we didn't
know why and when III was choosing between those search forms - we saw some
using this one, some using that one, so we thought they were site settings.

Are they adaptive behavior, based on characters in search terms - say those
containing a ., or are they site settings?
(The . would not cause an issue at this point in the URL with respect to
ambiguity of parsing - but when it comes to III, logic and reason are not
good guides.) Should we use form 2 when the term contains dots?

 - Godmar