[LibX] Google and Libx cue support for different country domains

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 21:32:36 PDT 2008

Not sure when it started happening, but my browser is set to prefer
en-ca in its Accept-Language header and as a result many google.com
subdomains (like books and scholar) redirect to google.ca. Which, of
course, breaks LibX cues. There are also google.co.uk variants of
these subdomains, and heaven knows how many others. I believe Google
also does some level of IP-based redirects as well.

I suppose toggleGoogle.js would be the place to fix this, but I'm not
sure of the best way of doing it... would modifying the regexes from
google\.com to just google\.[a-z]+ be acceptable?

Seeing as Annette and Godmar are on their way to Canada to present at
Access (every two years, eh?), they might have a good incentive to
pull together a fix for this soon-ish :)

Dan Scott
Laurentian University