[LibX] Future developments with LibX?

LibX Project libx.org at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 11:29:29 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Bill Drew <bill.drew at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any hints available on the future direction of LibX?

Yes. A good summary is contained in this talk:

http://libx.org/presentations/LibXBaileyBack-Access2008.pptx

In preparation for LibX 2.0, we're currently rewriting the LibX core
(if you're CVS savvy, check out the libxrestructuring branch).

> I would like
> to see more support for proxy using EZproxy.  It would be abig help if
> proxying a  catalog was a required option so that the proxy string was added
> to the beginning of the catalog URL.  I have added it manualy to all of the
> "catalog" searches I added for different databases.

Somebody already filed this RFE (Bug #36).

It does place a burden on your users, though (since proxy accesses are
substantially slower than regular accesses) and is generally not
necessary, but we'll probably add it in the future nevertheless.