[LibX] Does the WorldCat search support multiple search fields?

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:34:58 PDT 2008

- In FF 3.0b5, multiple search fields are completely broken. This is
due to a bug in Firefox we're working on addressing.

- Prior to FF 3.0b5: if the search fields are of different type - say
search field 1 is Keyword and search field 2 is Title, it will search
both terms with their respective types. If the search fields are of
the same type, only the first one will be used. I assume that's what
you're seeing.

We've been toying off and on with the idea of providing explicit
support for Worldcat as a special catalog type, rather than using the
Bookmarklet. This may be the time to do it. Or, I'm thinking out loud
here, we could just collect all same-typed search terms from all
fields and place them space-separated in the corresponding field. Yes,
let's do that for now.

Could somebody add a note to libx.org/bugzilla so we don't forget.

 - Godmar