[LibX] Disabiling smart isbn linking in our own digital library website

LibX Project libx.org at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:35:56 PDT 2008

We had this option [of using a nested submenu] before, and abandoned
it since hardly anybody was using it. (In fact, when it broke, nobody
complained.)

The other reason we abandoned it was because we believe the user
preference system gives much more flexibility. I still believe that.

The idea is that users would only select the options they most
frequently use: I'd guess that would be a keyword search in the one or
two most frequently used catalogs. If users need more sophisticated
options, they should use the toolbar. Note that you can drag-n-drop
items into the toolbar.  (*)

Feel free to enter this suggestion in our database libx.org/bugzilla
though in case other users have input one way or another.

 - Godmar

(*) though we need to implement the earlier-made suggestion of
clearing out old values in the input fields in those cases.