[LibX] Disabiling smart isbn linking in our own digital library website

LibX Project libx.org at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:29:40 PDT 2008

Right now, the only pages excluded from autolinking are the pages
within the domain of the OpenURL resolver, but only if the OpenURL
resolver is Serials Solution.

Note that it's not always a useless loop. For instance, on an OPAC
page, if xISBN is configured, the autolinked ISBN will actually link
to the xISBN service, so users could find a related edition if they
want one. Similarly, on an OPAC page if there's an ISSN, it may link
to the OpenURL resolver, which is sometimes useful.

Eventually, edition maintainers will have the ability to specify for
all cues one which pages they should or should not appear.

An interim fix may be an option that would exclude all URLs that match
a configured catalog's URL from autolinking. (Though note that this
would turn off auto-linking on scholar.google.com pages if
scholar.google.com is configured as a catalog...)  A smarter fix may
be to suppress autolinking only if we have reason to believe it would
lead to a loop.

Could you add this suggestion to libx.org/bugzilla so we don't forget about it.

 - Godmar