[LibX] Design flexibility and LibX

Melinda Gottesman mgottesm at mail.ucf.edu
Thu May 1 12:08:11 PDT 2008

". I often found myself getting confused by the
proximity of the address box and the LibX search box."

Hah! It's funny you should say that. After marketing LibX on campus - I noticed we were getting some REALLY funky catalog statistics ...

people kept searching the catalog for 'google.com' or hotmail.com' or 'facebook.com'

it took me a bit to realize these were people mistaking the libx toolbar for the navigation bar!

==Melinda==

Melinda Gottesman
Reference Librarian/Instructor
University of Central Florida

>>> Selden Deemer <libssd at emory.edu> 5/1/2008 2:37 PM >>>
I use the LibX plugin, but not the toolbar itself, which I
keep hidden. I often found myself getting confused by the
proximity of the address box and the LibX search box. All the
functionality I care about is there without the toolbar being
visible, but it's very convenient to toggle on/off by clicking
on the "cue" icon at the bottom right of the browser window.

Thanks to Tim Knight for the F9 tip -- somehow I had missed
that one. It's even more convenient than clicking on the cue.

For me, this would be a low priority change in LibX.

Selden Deemer, Library Systems Administrator
Emory University Libraries
Atlanta, Georgia
EMAIL:  libssd at emory.edu
PHONE:  404-727-0271