[LibX] Design flexibility and LibX

Simon, Kenneth ksimon4 at lmu.edu
Thu May 1 07:27:39 PDT 2008

Hi,

Toggling the toolbar on and off is a decent workaround if you don't
mind doing it, but in the interest of usability I don't feel like it
really solves the issue Karen raises. Any extra mouse click or
keystroke required just to see the toolbar, is a barrier to using the
toolbar.

It would be great if the search box were collapsible, adjusting
automatically as the toolbar is dragged smaller to fit on the same
line with, say, the Google toolbar, which also collapses horizontally.

I have no idea what the technical feasibility of this is, though!

- Ken
Kenneth Simon
Reference Librarian / Reference Technology Coordinator
Von der Ahe Library
Loyola Marymount University
Email: ksimon4 at lmu.edu
Phone: (310) 338-7686
AIM: KenLMULibrary; Yahoo! Messenger: Ken_LMULibrary
http://www.lmu.edu/Page44097.aspx