[LibX] Autolinking into a new tab and Google Scholar/Books

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 06:28:52 PST 2008

Hmmm, it works for me as described. If I hold down Ctrl while clicking
on an auto-link, it opens in a new tab. If I go to "Tools -> Options
-> Tab" and check "When I open a new tab, switch to it immediately."
it'll be focused.

To my knowledge, it's not possible to set up Firefox to force all
links top open in a new tab (unless you're using some extension) - I
believe the setting you may be referring to (in Tools -> Options ->
Tab the radio group at the top) only applies to new pages (e.g., those
that have target=_new set.)

In any event, LibX's preferences apply only to pages opened via the
toolbar and via the context menu. For cues, coins, and autolinked
ISBNs we defer to the end user's preferences, intentionally so.

In LibX IE, btw, there's isn't even a way to override the user's
preferences. IE7 intentionally doesn't provide an API for that.

 - Godmar