[LibX] Autolinking into a new tab and Google Scholar/Books

Chad Nelson c.nelson at londonmet.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 09:01:41 PST 2008

Thanks Godmar.

I already have firefox set to force  all links to open in a new tab, and I
have libx set for the same. Every function in libx (clicking on cues in
Amazon or Google Books, searching from the toolbar, right clicking on a
highlighted bit of text and selecting a search option, etc) except
autolinked ISBNs opens a new tab when that function is used.

Chad

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Godmar Back <godmar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Chad Nelson <c.nelson at londonmet.ac.uk>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Just started working with LibX and am finding it incredibly useful.
> >
> > I do have some questions raised by colleagues I am trying to convince:
> >
> > Is there a way to make the autolinking of ISBN's open into a new tab? I
> love
> > the feature with the xISBN results included, but I don't want to lose
> the
> > page I am currently on. I can't find a user end preference for this. Is
> it a
> > build side option?
> >

> It's a Firefox option.
> Hold down Ctrl while clicking.
>
> > Secondly, more of a query and trying to get my head around the way that
> libx
> > works: Why am I seeing cues to search my library catalogue in Google
> Books
> > results, but not in Google scholar? I have yet to set up our OpenURL
> search
> > in my libx, could that be it?
> >

> Yes, we only place Google Scholar links if you have an OpenURL
> resolver (since that's what Google Scholar supplies us with.)
>
>  - Godmar
>
> > Thanks for all the great work.
> >
> > Chad
> >

> > --