[LibX] directly addressing old revisions of LibX

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 11:08:12 PDT 2008

Melissa asked how to access previous LibX IE builds. Older builds of
IE are still reachable if you specify the revision in the URL.

LibX revisions use a simple URL scheme. The revision URLs are formed as follows:

Old style edition ids:
libx.org/editions/mu/  - Live revision prefix
libx.org/editions/mu.1/ - Revision 1 prefix
libx.org/editions/mu.2/ - Revision 2 prefix
etc.

For new style ids, it's
libx.org/editions/01/23/01234567 -  Live revision prefix
libx.org/editions/01/23/01234567.1 -  Revision 1 prefix
libx.org/editions/01/23/01234567.2 -  Revision 2 prefix

The prefix refers to a directory on our server.  Append config.xml to
get the config file. Append libx-editionid.xpi to get the FF .xpi
file, and append libx-editionid.exe to get the IE build.

So for instance, http://libx.org/editions/mu.7/libx-mu.exe refers to
the downloadable IE build for edition mu, revision 7.

 - Godmar