[LibX] ILL support

Ross Singer rossfsinger at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 11:03:12 PDT 2008

Just to clear the record here, I think most commercial link resolvers
have the option of suppressing ILL if there's a match in electronic or
print holdings.

Most libraries disable that, however, because of the frequency of
false positives at the electronic and print level.  When I initially
rolled out the Umlaut at Georgia Tech, there was an uproar over the
fact that I had disabled ILL if there were any matches to the incoming
citation.  I finally caved an added it to the 'Need help?' page (since
I figured they could add text to guide the user to ILL in the event of
a database claiming it had an article that actually didn't -- instead
of just randomly giving them the option all the time).

-Ross.