[LibX] Progress on restoring IE builds?

Victoria Lin weilin at hulmail.harvard.edu
Mon Jul 28 10:57:08 PDT 2008

Hi Godmar,
our live edition was built on June 23, 2008,  when we go to
http://libx.org/editions/harvard/libx-harvard.exe to install IE version of
Harvard libx, we see the following text:

Page Not Found

If you are seeing this message instead of an expected edition homepage,
make sure you have made your edition live. To do that, select the revision
you wish to become the live revision in the edition builder, build it, test
it, then select the "make live" button. The automatic homepage is only
displayed for live editions.

If you are seeing this message while testing catalogs from your edition
test page, you may have forgotten to add the "http://" in front of your
catalog URL. Change it in the edition builder, then refresh this test page.

my question is should we need to do something to make the IE version
available again or it happens automatically after you fixed the problem,

thanks,

At 12:58 PM 7/28/2008 -0400, Godmar Back wrote:
>They have been restored a few days ago.
>
>Arif is working feverishly to be feature complete (that is,
>autolinking working) in time for the new semester.
>
>  - Godmar
>
>On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello:
> >
> > I realize that I'm cap-in-hand, as I haven't done anything for LibX
> > for about 18 months, but I'm wondering if there's an ETA on restoring
> > IE builds. We jumped back on the LibX bandwagon after the Firefox 3.0
> > rift, so we don't have a previous IE build to fall back on.
> >
> > Campus IT is reimaging all of our campus workstations this summer and
> > it would be wonderful to have both IE and Firefox LibX toolbars as
> > part of the standard image, but that window of opportunity is rather
> > quickly slipping away.
> >
> > --
> > Dan Scott
> > Laurentian University