[LibX] RFE: Append domain name to LibX's COinS sid value

Steve Toub stoub at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 21:54:54 PST 2008

Hi--

At present, LibX includes the following sid value when rendering COinS:
	sid=libx:uc
["uc" is the brief name of my edition of LibX.] This value appears
regardless of where the COinS appear (e.g., Wikipedia, WorldCat.org,
Google Scholar).

Is it possible for this sid value to also append the name of the service
that is generating COinS? Pulling the domain name of page that the user
is on when selecting the COinS link would mean something like:
	sid=libx:uc:en.wikipedia.org
	sid=libx:uc:worldcat.org
	sid=libx:uc:scholar.google.com
	etc.

Appending another colon followed by a string is how other sid values work...
	sid=www.isinet.com:WoK:WOS
	sid=www.isinet.com:WoK:BIOSIS
	sid=www.isinet.com:WoK:CABI
	sid=www.isinet.com:WoK:MEDLINE
	etc.
...and it would allow me to track usage by source (Wikipedia vs.
WorldCat) via the usage reports in my link resolver.

	--SET