[LibX] Field order and default options

LibX Project libx.org at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 09:32:36 PST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 12:20 PM, Samuele Kaplun <Samuele.Kaplun at cern.ch> wrote:
> Dear list,
> I'm a newbie of LibX and I'm trying to set up a customization for the CERN
> Document Server (http://cdsweb.cern.ch). It is a custom digital library hence
> I'm setting up a custom catalog and (when we'll implement the OpenURL
> resolver) a custom OpenURL resolver, too.
>
> The first question is how can I sort the field in the toolbar? I have found no
> way to do this unless manually modifying the config.xml (probably I'm wrong
> but I remember that in a previous edition builder version there was a way to
> directly type the ;-separated list of codes).
>
> In a similar way is it possible to provide a different default set of
> preference, without touching the sources?
>
> If not, will you support this in a near future?

Please explain what "this" is. What are you trying to accomplish and
why do you believe you can't do it using the new edition builder?

The new edition builder gives you exactly the functionality of the
previous version, except that you no longer enter options using
cryptic, semicolon-separated codes.

> Finally, do you think it is possible to add "Find it at Stanford" (or a given
> repository) to the Scholar preferences as part of the toolbar installation
> process?

It may be possible, but not currently. I'm also not sure it's a good
idea, all things considered.
To my knowledge, Google changed their policy such that OpenURLs are
now always displayed.
If you need it, you may want to offer your users a link to go to after
installation.
[ If you must do it automatically, add it to the JavaScript code of
your custom catalog. ]