[LibX] Universal Borrowing/Voyager Search

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:58:16 PST 2008

I assume you're talking about this page:
http://laclib.wisconsin.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?DB=local&SL=none&PAGE=dbPage
where you click "Connect", then are led to another page where some
kind of metasearch across multiple catalogs is performed?

A cursory examination reveals that the first page assigns a hidden
session identifier, which then must be carried along on the second
page.

I'd verify with your vendor that no deep-linking syntax exists.  If
one does exist, we can create a bookmarklet.

If one doesn't exist, a custom catalog is required. The bad news here
is that it involves 2-3 hours of custom programming work. It can be
done without requiring any changes to the LibX base, actually.
If you're up to it, I could provide pointers and guidance, or if
there's sufficient interest and if this resource is widely used, we
could consider adding it to the supported catalog types.

 - Godmar