[LibX] IE install

Jim Campbell campbell at virginia.edu
Thu Sep 13 10:03:53 PDT 2007

Agreed that you don't need to close everything, but I still wonder if you
don't need to close IE. When I was troubleshooting the reports from our
users, I tried closing IE after the install but still got a bad install.
Closing IE at the beginning of the process worked.  Does Windows need to
write something to the registry during the install and is not allowed to do
that while IE is open?  Anyway, it could also be some local weirdness, so
maybe someone else could try it?

I've only heard back from 4 people so far and interestingly it was the two
more computer-literate people who had the problem, so a specific warning one
way or the other might not be a bad idea.

- Jim Campbell
Campbell at Virginia.edu