[LibX] IE install

Jim Campbell campbell at virginia.edu
Thu Sep 13 06:29:14 PDT 2007

I asked library staff to give the IE version a try before we go public and
have had a couple of very positive reports, but I've also heard from two
people who got a seeemingly successful install but then couldn't see the
toolbar.  Uninstalling and reinstalling did the trick for both of them, and
I think the difference was that the first time they still had IE open when
they installed. If they closed it before installing, then all went well.

Given that many people ignore the little warning about closing ALL programs
before installing, would it be worthwhile putting in a specific warning
about closing IE?

- Jim Campbell
Campbell at Virginia.edu