[LibX] how to share databases in LibX, and how to use POST in custom catalogs

LibX Project libx.org at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 06:44:56 PDT 2007

Bill,

right now, the search box is fixed in FF. In IE, it can be resized.

We're a bit uncertain what to do. Some people have requested adding
custom buttons to their toolbar, thereby shrinking the search box
space and providing additional information.  I'm a bit skeptical about
that, for one, because there's already ways for users to add bookmarks
etc. (we could even configure LibX such that it adds a folder fulls of
library-related bookmarks to the user's bookmarks, for instance), and
I'm skeptical because I believe that some people may then start to
think they need 15 pieces of flair.

On the other hand, the toolbar (if visible - keep in mind you can turn
it off and still use the context menu) takes up a lot of space. I'm
thinking of trying something more clever, for instance, have the
toolbar only appear when the user clicks a hotkey or something
similar. We'll have to figure out what the best way of doing this is.
It will require some substantial reworking of what we have.

 - Godmar