[LibX] Databases in LibX

Bill Drew dreww at tc3.edu
Tue Oct 16 16:34:46 PDT 2007

I have created a version of LibX for my library at
http://libx.org/editions/download.php?edition=5051E541.
It includes many databases that I got to work using the bookmarklet
feature of the edition builder.  Is there any way to get databases that
do not send a search as part of the URL to work in LibX?  In particular
I am thinking of Ebsco, Elsevier, OCLC FirstSearch, and many of the Gale
products.

I would also like some input on what I have done.  My goal is to get
the majority of our databases to work with LibX.  We have FireFox
installed on all computers on campus as well as IE.

Wilfred (Bill) Drew
Assistant Professor
Librarian, Systems and Tech Services
Tompkins Cortland Community College  (TC3) Library:
http://www.tc3.edu/library/
Room 256A
170 North St.
P.O. Box 139
Dryden, N.Y. 13053-0139
E-mail: dreww at tc3.edu
bill.drew at gmail.com
Phone: 607-844-8222 ext.4406
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew4
My Wiki: http://billdrew.pbwiki.com
My Blog:http://babyboomerlibrarian.blogspot.com
Al Gore quoting an African proverb: "If you want to go quickly, go
alone. But if you want to go far, go together."