[LibX] i18n support?

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon May 14 15:08:49 PDT 2007

Hello:

It's great to see the renewed activity on the LibX project.
Congratulations on securing another round of funding!

I had sent some small patches back at the end of 2006 to improve i18n
support in LibX, focused largely on libx.xul and definitions.dtd.
Using those, plus some small changes to the Mozilla extension
packaging, I was also able to build a proof-of-concept LibX toolbar at
the time demonstrating the ability to switch dynamically between
English and French support. We have avoided rolling out LibX at our
institution to date because bilingual solutions are required.

Is there any chance that these changes will be rolled into LibX and
coding standards set to allow easy integration of i18n support, or
should I simply start offering i18n patches that track LibX
development but which have to be made available outside of the LibX
project? I have to believe that there are many institutions that speak
languages other than English that would be interested in deploying the
LibX toolbar.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University