[LibX] config file for SIRSI Web2

LibX Project libx.org at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:41:54 PST 2007

Grant,

Single-term searches are supported via the bookmarklet syntax.
See http://libx.org/libx/src/editions/libxtestedition.php?edition=upei
It works the same way as your online catalog for those four types
(author, title, subject, journal title. It's not clear to me how to do
single term keyword searches or IS*N searches since this option is not
offered on your site.

To support multiterm searches, this particular catalog would need to
be explicitly supported by LibX, it is not just a matter of
configuring it for it (in other words, it requires writing a few lines
of javascript, after reverse-engineering your catalog's entry forms.)
Take a look at the example catalogs in the catalogs/ subdirectory in
the LibX source if you'd like to try it. I also recommend using the
webdeveloper extension (by Chris Pederick) to help you decipher the
search syntax - turn POSTs into GETs, then search and copy and paste
the created URL from the address bar.

 - Godmar