[LibX] LibX cuts off long text areas in web forms?

Steve Toub stoub at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 22 07:45:02 PST 2007

Here's a quick test page with more compact instructions. There is no
form action but the behavior is reproducible.

Using Firefox with a LibX edition enabled that is configured with
$libx.autolink=true:

1. Access <http://hopper.cdlib.org/~stoub/longform.html>
The page cuts off midstream. When I just tested, it was cutting off at
9,084 words (61,242 characters)

2. In Firefox, disable the LibX extension.

3. Restart Firefox.

4. Access <http://hopper.cdlib.org/~stoub/longform.html>
All 10,000 words (67,399 characters), ending with "...nascetur ridiculus."

	--SET