[LibX] use of %

Mark Mounts mark.mounts at Dartmouth.EDU
Wed May 31 16:26:05 EDT 2006

Hi Libx,
I have been working with your plugin via cvs and have a question regarding the
use of %(t,Y etc.) in the variable(s) $catalog(1..n).catalog.url= to indicate
where the search string will be placed in the url. Can the symbol % be replaced
with some other symbol?

Using the % causes the plugin to fail if the url has other characters
represented by % like "[" which can be represented by %5B or "]" by %5D

for example the follow url in the plugin works fine

http://library.dartmouth.edu/eResources/search.php?term[]=%t&field[]=6&search=Go&nst=1&rpp=200&srn=1&disp=0

but this url does not work in the plugin

http://library.dartmouth.edu/eResources/search.php?term%5B%5D=%t&field%5B%5D=6&search=Go&nst=1&rpp=200&srn=1&disp=0

another case where this is important is in our WebFeat service where their url
is using "&" both as itself to separate parameters and as "%26" when they are
passing it in a parameter value. Again "%26" breaks the plugin.

Is there another way I can work with this?

Mark Mounts