[LibX] Using LibX to search journal titles on SFX A-Z

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 22:20:36 EDT 2006

On 6/22/06, Steve Toub <stoub at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi--
>
> Is it possible to configure LibX so that SFX journal title searches search against SFX A-Z rather
> than going into SFX's multi.cgi?

Probably, although I'm not familiar with what exactly the difference
between these interfaces is. Apparently, SFX can be configured in a
variety of ways.

First, you'd probably set $openurl.dontshowintoolbar=true to prevent
SFX from appearing as an option in the toolbar (assuming that your
OpenURL resolver is SFX.)

Then, add the SFX interface you want as an additional catalog. If the
search interface you want behaves like a standard SFX/OpenURL
interface, use "sfx" as catalog type. By "standard", we mean it uses
OpenURL v0.1 syntax plus some extension SFX usually uses.

Otherwise, try using the bookmarklet type. Take a look at the
commented out catalog2 in RPI's config file for inspiration:
http://libx.org/libx/src/editions/rpi/config

If that doesn't work, send us a description of the URL/interface you'd
like to add and we add it as a supported catalog type.