[LibX] Multiple options (indexes) for type=bookmarklet

Steve Toub stoub at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 3 20:13:19 EDT 2006

Is it possible to configure web sites to search multiple indexes that
aren't one of the currently supported catalogs (millenium, horizon,
aleph, voyager, or sirsi)?

One case is UC Berkeley's catalog, which is powered by OCLC SiteSearch.
The search syntax is documented at:

It works if I have each of the different indexes (Title, Author, etc.)
as a separate bookmarklet but this isn't as elegant visually as the
supported catalogs.

Another case is our federated search site. We're using Struts/JSTL on
top of a vendor API, so the URL syntax is our own. We're still in
development and right now everything is a keyword search, but I'm
wondering if I can have Title, Author, etc. searching within the same