[LibX] question on OpenURL support

LibX Project libx.org at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 14:08:49 PST 2006

For SFX, we support journal title and ISBN/ISSN out of the box.

You can use the bookmarklet syntax if you need more functionality such
as Journal, Volume, Page. See
http://libx.org/libx/src/editions/nrl/config for an example.

There was a discussion whether we should add journal/volume/issue/part
more prominently. David Forrest from NRL said at some point he's
considering providing a patch for such support.

Personally, I envision that the most common use of OpenURL is where
the exact information for the openurl comes from a database such as
Google Scholar, so the user wouldn't have to enter it. But, clearly,
in some fields (e.g., physics & chemistry), entering JVP may be
fastest. We are considering providing "smart" support for it, like
with ISBNs where you right-click.

 - Godmar