[LibX] Decouple link resolver from Search via Google Scholar?

LibX Project libx.org at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 14:29:11 EDT 2006

I think the only option you have is to turn it off (that is, don't
define an OpenURL resolver.) Then LibX will go to the link Google
Scholar provides when it finds a hit.
COinS won't work anymore then either. If that's not satisfactory
either, you could disable Scholar altogether.

That said, an OpenURL resolver who needs an ISSN in addition to a DOI
is seriously defective. You may wish to check with that provider
whether a setup mistake might be to blame. Unfortunately, LinkSource
does not provide public access (unlike all other OpenURL resolver
products), so it's hard to test.

The reason a DOI is sufficient is because CrossRef's maintains a
database that participating libraries can query that returns metadata
about an DOI, including its ISSN. When confronted with an OpenURL that
contains a global identifier, such as a DOI or a Pubmed ID, an OpenURL
resolver will contact the appropriate database to obtain the metadata
of the document to which this global identifier refers.

 - Godmar