[LibX] Decouple link resolver from Search via Google Scholar?

Natalie M Palermo palermo at lsu.edu
Thu Aug 24 10:46:53 EDT 2006

Is it possible to decouple the link resolver from the "Search via Google
Scholar" feature?  We have Ebsco's LinkSource which does not work well
with Google Scholar.  Many of the links do not provide enough metadata for
LinkSource to find available resources.  For instance, a DOI without an
ISSN or journal title is useless.  I've noticed something with artice
groups in Scholar.  Often, one of those links will work with LinkSource.
It's usually not the one that LibX tries.

Natalie Palermo, Systems Librarian
LSU Libraries, Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA  70803
Email: palermo at lsu.edu
Phone: (225) 578-3330  Fax: (225) 578-6535