[LibX] Re: Multiple options (indexes) for type=bookmarklet

Richard Karnesky karnesky at northwestern.edu
Fri Aug 18 23:42:13 EDT 2006

> I think LibX should at least detect and show _ANY_ span with a
> class=z3988 & be able to _try_ to submit it to the OpenURL resolver. 1.0
> resolvers may know what to do with it.  I don't know if it would be
> appropriate or not to pretend that a 'dissertation' is a 'book' for 0.1
> resolvers who wouldn't know what to do with a 'dissertation' format.
Ah...I should read more closely.  Also from the COinS page:

"By removing "rft." from the book and journal referent metadata keys the
OpenURL can be made functional for all known 0.1-only resolver systems."

So the official suggestion is to hand off the rft as-is to 1.0 systems &
to strip it for 0.1 systems.

--Rick