[LibX] Re: Multiple options (indexes) for type=bookmarklet

Jacob Glenn jkglenn at umich.edu
Mon Aug 14 12:34:26 EDT 2006

I would also like to voice support for better URL options in LibX
bookmarklets. In order to make LibX consistent with the search features
offered elsewhere on our library's website I need it to offer multiple
search options for our E-journals database and for Metalib quicksearch
sets. This requires using a different url for each search option in the
bookmarklet, which I don't think I can currently do. It would also be
really nice if I could define local search options for each catalog
instead of making global changes.

I've had several people suggest adding support for Google Book Search.
Some books (but not all) include a link to Open WorldCat, and ISBNs will
work if the user has autolinking turned on, but adding a cue would be nice.

Jake