[LibX] Questions about libx

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 01:38:59 EDT 2006

I'm not sure if I'm the intended audience for LibX, so tell me if I'm
charging in the wrong direction.
(Who is LibX for?)

I can see that libx is useful, but I don't have a strong affiliation
with any particular library.

Would you be open to enhancements allowing libx to use any and all of
a list of libraries?

This would take the config-file-compiled-to-xpi design in a different
direction.  I think a runtime catalog of config files, with 1 or more
selected as active, would be nice.

No?
---

Seperately, it looks like you're putting a lot of functions into the
global chrome namespace.  All extensions share the same space, so LibX
will not play nicely with other extensions that include, for example,
a function named newpage.

(This also means that two installed editions of LibX may not work well
together, depending on what replacements you're making based on the
edition configs.)

This is commonly addressed by either using a unique-y prefix, nested
namespaces or closures.

...I haven't done any testing on this, so feel free to tell me to take a hike.

--

Lastly, regarding agressive AJAX when injecting cues, this goes back
to expected common uses.  If you hope for LibX to become very commonly

...BookBurro solved this nicely by only fetching upon user action, but
making it -very- easy to invoke that action.

Cheers,
  Jeremy