[LibX] option to contact xISBN via OCLC's xISBN bookmarks OAI repository

Godmar Back godmar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 21:36:29 EDT 2006

Jeff Young from OCLC pointed out that there's an option to use the
xISBN service that does not require knowing the exact type & version
of the catalog. It relies on your library being registered with OCLC,
see http://alcme.oclc.org/bookmarks/

I added this as an option to LibX. With this option, xISBN should
always "know" the correct way to search for multiple ISBNs in your
catalog, without LibX having to pass along the exact opacid.
Example:
$catalog.xisbn.useoai=true

For libraries not registered, I added a way to set the opacid that's
being presented to OCLC.
Example:
$catalog.xisbn.opacid=aleph4

xISBN now appears to work for both sirsi & different versions of aleph.